Ophthalmologists have a very privileged position being able to work on and in the eye for the purpose of restoring and maintaining and improving physical sight. For useful vision to occur, one needs both functioning sight as well as light. The truth of the matter is that without the “light”, all of sight restoration or improvement would be meaningless.
We are totally dependent on God to provide the light for our patient’s and our own eyes to use our sight. God partners with us in this role of helping patients to see light while also using our gifts and talents for their physical sight. More importantly, He desires for all to see His spiritual light in Christ. Unfortunately, we can easily miss the glory and blessing of His light with all the distractions around us.
The COS exists as a ministry for ophthalmologists to aid them in the connection of physical sight and spiritual light.
As a society, we have goals to
1. Develop unity in friendship among ophthalmologists in Christ
2. To encourage medical students, hose officers and fellows in their walk with the Lord
3. To support other physicians’ faith in Christ regardless of denominational background
4. To have meetings with emphasis on the family so that all family members will feel at home and enjoy the surroundings
5. To develop new professional acquaintances and get to know the families of colleagues who love the Lord
6. To cooperate with and pray for missionary ophthalmologists
7. To pray for revival, particularly in medicine
8. To equip ophthalmologists and those in training with tools to improve their ability to partner with our Master physician and ophthalmologist who brings both physical and spiritual sight to all who are willing to ask for it.
If you would like to join the society, please contact us today.