With the advent of a global pandemic (COVID-19) in early 2020, we decided to offer a regular virtual meeting to help our members grapple with the issues before us and also to encourage one another in our faith with a time of prayer.
It is our hope that this will be the first of many such times.
The goals of the society are:
1) To develop unity in friendship among ophthalmologists in Christ
2) To encourage medical students, house officers and fellows in their walk with the Lord
3) To support other physicians’ faith in Christ regardless of denominational background
4) To have meetings with emphasis on the family so that all family members will feel at home and enjoy the surroundings
5) To develop new professional acquaintances and get to know the families of colleagues who love the Lord
6) To cooperate with and pray for missionary ophthalmologists
7) To pray for revival, particularly in medicine