The Christian Ophthalmology Society was founded in 1977 as an interdenominational group of eye physicians and surgeons who confess that Jesus Christ is Savior and Lord.
The goals of the society are:
1) To develop unity in friendship among ophthalmologists in Christ
2) To encourage medical students, house officers and fellows in their walk with the Lord
3) To support other physicians’ faith in Christ regardless of denominational background
4) To have meetings with emphasis on the family so that all family members will feel at home and enjoy the surroundings
5) To develop new professional acquaintances and get to know the families of colleagues who love the Lord
6) To cooperate with and pray for missionary ophthalmologists
7) To pray for revival, particularly in medicine
Christian Ophthalmology Society is formed to further, by study and teaching, the knowledge of diseases of the eye and the application of such knowledge to the prevention and treatment of these diseases and to promote the objectives of the Christian ministry of healing in the care of patients and the philosophy and character of ophthalmological physicians.
At the core, the goal for our society is to encourage ophthalmologists to center on Christ, focus on others and to become a servant utilizing the field of eye care and surgery throughout the world and at home.
Christian Ophthalmology Society is committed to providing quality CME lectures so that ophthalmologists are able to continue practicing first class medicine.
It is our desire that everything coming through the COS will bring honor and glory to our Lord Jesus Christ.
Enjoy great fellowship with like-minded colleagues whether at our in-person meetings or our virtual meetings.
Jean Hausheer, President
Matt McCauley, Immediate Past President
Eddie Mengarelli, Secretary
Jeff Taylor, Treasurer
Our board & staff
Our volunteer board and staff are committed to serving ophthalmologists in all areas.